Successful parallel migration of legacy documents into a central repository
Transformation and standardisation of metadata
Significant annual cost savings due to decommissioning of legacy systems
- Source system: IBM FileNet 5.1, HP TRIM 6.2, OpenText Alchemy 9.1, Technology One DataWorks 3.7, Infor Pathway, File shares
- Target system: OpenText Content Server 16.2 with Extended ECM (xECM) for SAP
- Product used: migration-center
Auckland Council operated a complex Electronic Document and Record Management Systems (EDRMS) landscape. Project ACCORD (Auckland Council Corporate Records and Documents) was a critical transformation program to streamline the EDRMS function at Auckland Council with the following key challenges:
- Consolidate electronic documents and physical records from six
legacy systems into a single environment
- Simplify and standardise the EDRM system and process landscape
- Address functional constraints attached to the current EDRMS landscape such as poor record management, version control, duplication issues, discoverability issues etc.
- Reduce operational risk linked to end of life technology and the current web of automated and unautomated integration, interfacing and workflow with several SAP and non-SAP transaction systems
- Reduce the run costs attached to the EDRM system and process landscape
Auckland Council engaged our service partner, Tenzing Limited, to implement OpenText Extended ECM for SAP and to migrate around 25 million documents and physical records from six legacy systems into the OpenText environment.
This migration posed a challenge of its kind. Due to the large number of source systems, tight timelines and the high complexity associated to this migration project, the decision to use fme’s migration-center was key to success. migration-center enabled the project to significantly de-risk and speed up the migration process, and to finish the migration successfully in time.